- Computer skills refer to one’s ability to utilize the software (and sometimes hardware) of a computer.
- Increasingly science and technology rely on effective use of computers to collect data, store and retrieve information, organize data in spreadsheets and graphs, communicate with other computers and researchers, and prepare written reports of research.
- Intermediate computer literacy, with experience in Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point, Internet. Basic proficiency in spreadsheets is also required.
- Begin to do or pursue (something) again after a pause or interruption
- Begin to be done, pursued, or used again after a pause or interruption
- Begin speaking again after a pause or interruption
- sketch: short descriptive summary (of events)
- take up or begin anew; “We resumed the negotiations”
- curriculum vitae: a summary of your academic and work history
- A specimen taken for scientific testing or analysis
- a small part of something intended as representative of the whole
- A small part or quantity intended to show what the whole is like
- take a sample of; “Try these new crackers”; “Sample the regional dishes”
- sample distribution: items selected at random from a population and used to test hypotheses about the population
- A portion drawn from a population, the study of which is intended to lead to statistical estimates of the attributes of the whole population
computer skills resume sample – Computers For
Computers are an essential part of daily life these days, but they can be a bit intimidating at first. Computers For Seniors For Dummies, 2nd Edition gets you going with lots of illustrations and easy-to-follow-instructions, never assuming you already know more than you do.
You’ll learn to use the keyboard and mouse, navigate the Windows 7 operating system, access the Internet and use e-mail, create documents, shop safely online, and more.
Shows you how to choose the right computer, get it set up, and get going
Explains how to connect to the Internet and keep up with family and friends via e-mail
Helps you create documents, work with files and folders, simplify your finances, and build a budget using a spreadsheet
Discusses how to use social networking sites and how to shop and bank online without compromising your privacy
Offers tips and advice to help you avoid common pitfalls
With Computers For Seniors For Dummies, 2nd Edition by your side, you’ll be able to use the computer with confidence and take advantage of all it has to offer.
To a 12 year-old 6th grader in rural China, computer learning is more than just gaining knowledge or computer skills. It’s about hope for the future. It’s about narrowing the digital divide between the city and rural students.
Mengxijie Primary School, Xinglongzhai, Xinglong, Shaanxi
Xinglong · Shaanxi · China | 2011
Rasheda practices her computer skills
Photo taken in Dhaka, Bangladesh by Amanda Lasik, 2011 Peace Fellow for BERDO.
computer skills resume sample